We are pleased to welcome back to Sydney, two time Emmy nominated, multi award winning
Makeup Artist and lighting expert and educator,
Sara Seidman Vance.
Sara is considered one of the leading industry experts on lighting and makeup due to her extensive knowledge of HD makeup for live broadcast and has over 30 years of experience in Film, Television and Print mediums. Check out her work here.
She will give you the most comprehensive and focused instruction on lighting principles and its application for HD that you can find.
What is Lighting for Makeup Artists 101© MASTERclass?
- This workshop will demonstrate how the correct lighting works to filter and create the perfect balance in makeup, will help you to determine how your makeup will appear under different lighting circumstances and how to be able to interact with the Director of Photography or Lighting Designer with confidence.
- Lighting for Makeup Artists 101© will showcase how lighting can enhance or hinder a makeup artists work and why lighting is the key element that can define our work.
Who is this for?
- Designed for makeup professionals in both beauty and special effects fields, lecturers as well as makeup trainees who want to understand the core values behind lighting technology both on set, and on location.
- Prerequisite: All students must have basic makeup skills.
What can you expect from the MASTERclass?
The workshop will feature the The Makeup Light (TML) lighting technology, which has been created to enhance your makeup through digital mediums delivering outstanding results. TML supplies lighting to leading international makeup artists around the globe, providing up to date lighting technology which is used across the board from Hollywood film productions, makeup schools, fashion, print, weddings and is now reaching other genres within makeup, SPFX and cosmetology.
The MASTERclass is an intensive 8 hour class on lighting for film and television and its effects on makeup. It has both theory and practical components.
MASTERclass students will create their own makeup looks using each other as models which will be viewed on a 4K monitor, Sara will collectively coach each student to further enhance both makeup skills and confidence.
The MASTERclass will be kept small so as to maximise your learning time with Sara.
Schedule for the day:
8.30am Registration and Welcome with tea, coffee & a light breakfast.
9am - 12pm Theory of Lighting for Makeup Artists
12pm - 1.30pm Lunch (The Little Space is surrounded by cafès)
1.30pm - 5pm Hands on practical component with Lighting Practice
What you need to bring:
Students are requested kindly to arrive wearing minimal makeup, as you will all be working on each other in the hands on session.
Full skin prep and a base makeup kit - foundations and highlighters for global skin tones
Makeup Brushes and brush cleaner.
Click on the above picture for the course synopsis.
- Monday, 14th October 2019
- Light refreshments and bottled water are included
- Venue is at The Little Space, Level 2, 384 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction. Located directly across from public transport including the Bondi Junction train station to make getting to us easy.
Buy your ticket here (available with ZipPay):
If you need any other information or have a question that is not answered here, please feel free to email us here.
Seats are limited so we can keep the MASTERclass intimate for MAXIMUM learning